Picking out the best window treatments for kids’ rooms should be fun, not a headache. Whether you’re putting together your first nursery or remodeling Kid #4’s bedroom to be more age appropriate for the tricky tween years, this is your chance to get whimsical and creative. As is true with even the most minor of details (we’re looking at you, adorable light switch covers), sometimes there are too many options to handle! That’s where the window treatment experts at Strickland’s Blinds, Shades & Shutters come in. Here are some of our tips for picking out the best window treatments for kids’ rooms.
For the Nursery
We’ve already told you about our favorite options for nurseries, but the main thing to keep in mind is the safety and wellbeing of your baby. We recommend that you:
- Save the long and flowing draperies for the older kids — you don’t want baby tugging them down and getting a booboo in the process.
- Go for easy-to-adjust blinds, but make sure to child-proof them with safety devices, breakaway cords, or the new parents’ favorite: remote control-operated blinds. Cordless blinds are another solid pick for safety and ease of use alike.
- Use blackout shades to ensure your baby gets a good night sleep, regardless of street lights or outside interruptions.
- Go for bold patterns or designs to match your nursery theme, or keep it simple with a more traditional window treatment. Remember that there’s no such thing as a baby’s room that’s too sweet, bright, or colorful!
For Toddlers to Tweens
As your children get older, their taste and style begin to develop as well. To avoid tiffs and constant remodeling, let them get involved in the design process! We recommend that you:
- Start with a simple base, like roller shades in neutral colors which will go with any changes in wallpaper or decor.
- Complement simple shades and blinds with draperies and curtains in fun patterns — this is where your child gets to take over. Draperies and curtains are an affordable way to add a pop of color and personality your kids will love whether they go for sheer curtains with a simple design or a zany and bright robot print.
- Then again… if you’re one to go all out, you can’t go wrong with perfect princess curtains or bold but classic patterns and colors to match his favorite sports team.
For the Wonder Years
Once your kids reach a certain age, it’s all about simplicity, efficiency, and privacy at all costs. For this reason, we recommend:
- Heavy floor-length draperies with simple patterns and light-blocking fabrics.
- Simple roller shades she can pull down with one easy swipe.
- And, if he or she has one particular obsession, consider customizing with our Comfortex Persona Design Your Own Shades program. From sports logos to TV characters, your teen is officially in charge of what goes on their window shades.
Adorning your daughter or son’s bedroom with the best window treatments for kids’ rooms should be easy and fun. At Strickland’s Blinds, Shades and Shutters, we take the headache away before it can happen. We pride ourselves in offering the best window treatments for boys’ rooms and girls’ rooms. With or without your child in tow, come and see us soon.