Whether you’re renting a loft in historic downtown Wilmington or easing into a coastal patio home in Wrightsville, you want privacy without blocking sunlight. You want to be able to enjoy the warmth of the summer sun, without waving hello to neighbors all day. In that spirit, here are 4 window treatments that give you the best of both worlds.
Cellular shades are a classic in window treatments. Here’s why we recommend them for privacy and light:
- Cellular shades made with sheer fabrics will provide you with the privacy you desire, without taking away the sunlight.
- They are available in multiple sizes and widths to ensure full privacy, no matter the window type.
- They’re available as top down/bottom up shades. The shades can be positioned so the top half of the window is uncovered to let the light in, while the bottom half remains covered. Perfect for the sunlit jacuzzi soak!
If Cellular shades are a little too simple for you or you prefer patterned shades, consider Roman shades.
- Roman shades are available in multiple fabrics, from linens to silks, with a wide variety of opacities. Sheer and semi-sheer fabrics will let the light in but maintain your privacy.
- Like Cellular shades, Roman shades are also available as top down/bottom up shades, for great privacy without blocking sunlight.
Privacy Sheers and Draperies
Privacy sheers provide great coverage for sliding glass doors and tall windows. Their elegant design is a lovely choice for the coastal home on Topsail Island or cozy hideaway in Southport.
- Our Hunter Douglas Luminette® Sheers and Draperies are made of sheer fabrics to let the light in, but they also have soft fabric vanes that can be adjusted for increased privacy.
- Twisting combination wand/cords allow for completely open, slightly open, or completely closed vanes.
If you’re really serious about privacy, and our shades and sheers still make you a little nervous, café shutters have you completely covered.
- Café shutters leave the top half of the window uncovered, while providing adjustable privacy on the bottom half with louvers.
- They are available in numerous sizes and shapes, and louver sizes such as 2 1/2″, 3 1/2″, and 4 1/2″ provide sunlight and privacy at the same time.
- They can be custom-made to fit each window perfectly for 100% coverage.
So there you have it! You really can have the best of both worlds, especially when Strickland’s Blinds, Shades & Shutters has you covered. You deserve a space that is delightfully sunbathed and private. To schedule a free in-home estimate or to visit one of our showrooms, contact us today.