For years, vertical blinds were considered a ‘vanilla’ window treatment — a go-to pick for office spaces and sliding doors, but not as exciting as their horizontal counterparts. Today, they’re making a comeback, revealing just how much they can contribute to your home’s aesthetic thanks to quality fabrics, customization options, and high-tech features. Here, a few reasons why we believe they’re a highly versatile window treatment.
1. Vertical blinds are contemporary. Modern design is characterized by sleek, clean lines, which are the essence of these window treatments. For a clean-cut transitional space, choose motorized vertical blinds in classic neutrals. Looking to make a strong design statement? Take it a step further and pair your verticals with horizontals, as seen in this unique contemporary space.
2. They can be soft and light, too. Vertical blinds aren’t just for modern homes. Paired with simple valances and covered with light neutral fabric, they can also soften a more transitional space, such as a dining room or bedroom.
3. Vertical blinds lengthen windows and doors. A classic pick for floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors, this window treatment can further elongate windows and reveal stunning views when pulled aside. What’s more, they’re less heavy and unwieldy than horizontals and easy to use thanks to motorized control systems.
4. They beautifully complement draperies. One challenge we sometimes face with draperies is that they either provide full window coverage or none at all. Pair them with vertical blinds, though, and you have far more control over how much light you allow in. Soft fabric blinds with draperies and valances create an elegant look for a modern-meets-traditional living room.
5. They’re not just ivory white or white. Chances are, you’ve seen a lot of cream-colored vertical blinds in office spaces and commercial buildings. These days, though, they’re available in a wide variety of colors, from periwinkle blue to textured chestnut. At Strickland’s, our professional designers can help you choose colors that will match your space, even down to your bedding and pillows!
Versatile Window Treatment Design
Though they remain a favorite for conference rooms and home offices, they’re not just for workspaces anymore. As we’ve shown, there are plenty of ways to utilize this type of window treatment for greater light control and visual interest in a wide variety of spaces. To see and test our selection of vertical blinds, visit our showroom. Or, contact us to get started with a free on-site consultation.